Terms and Conditions
In consideration of receiving dance instruction including special classes in tumbling, hip hop, lyrical, etc....and other
good and valuable consideration, hereby release and forever discharge the said Betty Johnson School of Dance, Inc
DBA Bender Performing Arts (Betty Johnson Neal, Kevin and Meri Bender and all other instructors) their assistants,
agents, servants and/or employees and their families, of any and all claims for damage, including injury and illnes, or damages of any kind, nature
or description; more particularly which may grow out of receiving dance instruction or participation in dance classes or
other physical exercise or movement.
- I also release and hold harmless Betty Johnson School of Dance Inc. DBA and all others when participating in virtual classes and by participating; affirm that I have proper physical space and my dancer(s) have appropriate physical health to participate.
You must further release Betty Johnson School of Dance, Inc. DBA
Bender Performing Arts (Betty Johnson Neal, Kevin and Meri Bender and all instructors) from any and all demands,
claims, causes of action, suits or liabilities whatsoever, of every name and nature, both in law or in equity; more
especially on account of participation in classes taken at Betty Johnson School of Dance, Inc. DBA Bender Performing Arts.
- The cost of lessons (dance, music, or theater) is based on a yearly tuition. Payment can either be made for the year in full or be divided into nine equal payments for August through April and then a 1.5 payment for May (payable the first of May). If you have classes that fall on Labor Day, Halloween, or Memorial Day make-ups may be made.
- I understand that on Oct. 1st my account and card on file will be charged a $45 participation fee for the annual recital. I understand that I have until Sept. 30th to inform the school if my student will not be participating in the annual recital. After Oct. 1st I understand that this fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
- If a student misses a class, he/she may do an appropriate make-up class any time during the dance year, prior to the end of the session in June. Credit is not given for absences.
- If a student is going to be late to class, please call the front desk and they will attempt to get word to the teacher. If a student is going to be more than 10 minutes late their admittance to class is at the discretion of the teacher. The teacher will take into consideration whether or not the class is already warmed-up and if it would be unsafe for the late dancer to just join class and also determine how disruptive the late arrival would be to the rest of the class. If a teacher determines the student is unable to attend class, make-ups may be made.
- Should a dancer sustain an injury they may be permitted to choose not to participate in class for up to a week without a doctor’s note. After this time period a doctors note will be required for further non-participation.
- If a student finds it necessary to drop a class, please notify the front desk. If a student needs to withdraw from all classes, a withdrawal form must be completed, as tuition will continue to accumulate until the Withdrawal Form has been completed and signed. The changes become effective the first of the following month. NO REFUNDS FOR TUITION.
- Studio Service Policy- The studio is not responsible for providing extended care before, after or during any class. The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. The studio also reserves the right to provide substitute/compensatory service delivery of offerings.
- We do enforce a DRESS CODE. To “look like a dancer” encourages one to conduct oneself like a dancer. Students not dressed according to the dress code will not be permitted to take class. Make-ups can be done for missed classes. Please check the dress code(s) for your dancer’s class(es).
- Betty Johnson School of Dance, Inc. DBA Bender Performing Arts and/or Dance Motion Performing Company is hereby granted permission to take photographs of students for use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials created by the school and/or performing company. Permission is also hereby granted for the school and/or performing company to copyright such photographs in its name. Additionally, from time to time parents and students may opt to share videos, photos or other information on social media pages that may be used, hosted, created or referenced by any of the above-named Entities. The party posting takes responsibility for all sharing or posting of such information and waives any claim against the Entities for the release of any protected information. If my child(ren) is under the age of 18 at the time of this agreement, the party signing makes this waiver on behalf of their child(ren) . I hereby release MDU and the name Entities from all liability or legal responsibility that may arise from the acts that I have authorized or consented to herein. I agree that BPA does not owe me any compensation for the acts that I have consented to in this Section. I have carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of this Section.
- TUITION is payable in advance, on a monthly basis, if not for the year in full.
- All accounts are required to have a credit or debit card on file.
- Monthly tuition will automatically be charged to that card, on the first of each month, unless tuition has been paid by the 25th of the prior month.
- If a cash, check or credit card payment has been processed by the 25th of the prior month the credit card on file will not be charged for that month.
- If a payment is turned in between the 25th and the first, the payment will be applied to the next month's tuition.
- We do not send statements and a late fee of $20 will be charged if, for any reason tuition is not paid by the 10th of the month.
- Once a student becomes inactive the card will no longer be charged. (See the Withdrawal policy above for clarification).